Click the link below to learn about upcoming programs
for kids in grade 4 and younger:
April 2nd – 30th 2018
- Writers must be in grades 1 to 12.
- Poem entries must be original work.
- Maximum of 1 poem per author may be entered.
- Poems cannot be longer than one 8 1/2 X 11 inch page.
- Poems must be typed or hand-written on white paper, with no illustrations or decorations.
- The author’s name must not appear anywhere on the poem.
- The poem must have a title that should be at the top of the page.
DEADLINE: Entries will be taken April 2nd – April 30th, 2018. Entries must be received by 8:00 p.m. on Monday, April 30th. Entries cannot be put in the book drop. E-mail entries will not be accepted.
Poems will be judged based on Spelling, Grammar, Style & Presentation, Impact, and Originality.
Contest winners will be announced May 26th, 2018.
All entries will be bound into a book for viewing at the library.
Check out a Tumble Book
What is TumbleBooks?
This database is a collection of TumbleBooks (animated, talking picture books) with fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles, Math Stories, Read-Alongs (chapter books with sentence highlighting and narration but no animation), Videos (from National Geographics), TumbleTV which consists of pre-set playlists of a sequence of books and Tumble Puzzles & Games. TumbleBooks are created from existing picture books which we have licensed from children’s book publishers and converted to the TumbleBook format.
Click the image below to get started:
Do you want to receive emails about upcoming programs
for children birth – 4th grade?
Visit the Agawam Children’s Library page by clicking on the link below: