The Agawam Library is committed to providing equal access for all people who wish to use the library and its collection. In order to provide this service there are various adaptive technologies available at the Library to assist patrons who might need different ways to access print and electronic resources.
Special materials that may interest the visually impaired include books in Braille, large-print books and audio books on CD.
We also have applications for the Perkins Braille and Talking Book Library Program.
Click here for applications.
The Library also has an Optiplex machine, which allows the user to enlarge everyday printed reading materials. Simply place the book, newspaper, or any printed material on a platform and the image appears enlarged on a screen above. It magnifies up to 60 times and minimizes glare. The monitor is placed directly in front of the user for comfortable reading.
The Library’s Outreach Service has trained volunteers to bring the riches of the library to patrons who are unable to visit the library. To arrange for delivery service, please contact the library at 413.789.1550 x8873.
Art for Loan
Various framed art reproductions including prints from Cassatt, Monet, Stegmen, and Vermeer are available for a 6 week loan period at the Library.
The Agawam Library hosts two monthly adult book clubs that meet to discuss one book by an author. Multiple copies of the books are provided by the library for members to borrow.
Night Bookers Adult Book Club
The Night Bookers Adult Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. The group reads mostly contemporary literature that is not your average bestseller, with a classic or two mixed in occasionally.
The Book Club is accepting new members. If you are interested in joining, please contact Cher Collins at 413.789.1550 x8851 or at email@example.com.
Agawam Pageturners Adult Book Club
The Agawam Pageturners Adult Book Club meets the fourth Wednesday of the month at 2:00 p.m. The group reads mostly contemporary literature that is not your average bestseller, with a classic or two for good measure.
Please note this Book Club is full at the moment. To be put on a waiting list, please contact Cher Collins at 413.789.1550 x8851 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The library has two copy machines. Both are located on the lower level of the library. One prints in black and white and the other prints in color. The black and white copier takes quarters, nickels, and dimes only, and copies are ten cents a page. The color copier takes quarters only and copies are 25 cents a page. Change for the copiers is available at the Reference Desk if needed.
Museum & Zoo Pass Borrowing Information
1. Passes are available to Agawam and Feeding Hills residents eighteen years or older with a valid CW/MARS library card in good standing (no lost items, no fines of $10.00 or more).
2. Reservations may be made at the Information Desk or by calling 789.1550 x4. Passes may be reserved up to four weeks in advance. There is a limit of one pass per family per day, and three reservations per family per month – only one reservation per museum.
3. Passes are loaned out for 2 days. They may be returned in the book drop when the library is CLOSED. Passes must be returned on time so they will be available for the next person. Late charges of $5.00 per day, with a maximum fine of $50.00.
4. Passes are NOT renewable.
5. Passes are checked out and returned at the Information Desk. You must present your library card, and sign a form agreeing to late fees and replacement cost if the pass is lost.
6. Please call and cancel if you are unable to use the pass. If you do not pick up the pass on the day it is reserved (15 minutes prior to closing), it may be checked out to another patron, first come, first served.
7. A call to the museum to confirm current hours and exhibits is suggested.
The Library’s Outreach Service has trained volunteers to bring the riches of the library to patrons who are unable to visit the library.
To arrange for delivery service, please contact the library at 413.789.1550 x8873.